I often get asked lots of questions about Intimate Weddings, This is my top five questions.
How can I tell if my wedding is an Intimate Wedding ?
~ I try and resist the urge to put anyone into a particular category, but what I can say is that over the last few years I have noticed that more weddings are becoming bespoke and personality driven. Intimate Weddings could be Intimate for any of the following reasons;
- A guest list under 60
- You are part of a blended family
- You have decided to only have immediate family present
- This may not be your first wedding
- You want to have something a bit different and personality driven
- You are getting married abroad with a few close family and friends and want someone you can trust there with you
- The type of job that you do dictates this is only type of wedding you can have
- A very short notice wedding
- You are having more then one ceremony maybe a private one with just your inner circle and a public one
- You have chosen a non traditional venue or your wedding celebrations will take place over more then one day
Of course this list is not exclusive but it’s the main reasons why the couples I have photographed in the past have chosen to have an Intimate Wedding and I’m sure you can think of a few more reasons for me.
I’m having more then 150 people to my wedding will you make an exception for me ?
~ I don’t believe that you will get the images that you deserve if you hire me to cover this type of wedding, so I would feel much more comfortable if I referred you onto to another trusted photographer.
How far in advance can I book you ?
~ Because I limit the number of weddings I cover each year, I can only take bookings up to December 2012, so that’s two years. I will open the 2013 in December 2011 I can put you on the waiting list and notify you that the book is open. But dates are on a first come first served basis and can only be guarenteed with a booking fee. I have some dates free in 2011 & 2012 to coincide with the launch of this website.
Will you be the photographer on the day ?
~ Absolutely (unless I’m struck down by the lurgy in which case I have a very trusted second camera who will come in my place), infact you will deal with me for most of the planning arrangements, it’s one of things I love about being an Intimate Wedding specialist I don’t believe I can photograph the way I do without knowing who I’m photographing. I photograph on your behalf its amazing to be able to compose a shot with you in mind. That’s why your images will be so unique.
Describe your style of photography
~ It’s a cross between reportage and photojournalism. What does that mean ? Well I don’t interfere or interrupt your day in anyway, I’m more an observer curating a record of your wedding celebration for you, I don’t stage set ups and I use natural light as much as possible.